How can we help you?
Resources for Mental Health
- The Black Dog Institute: an organisation dedicated to understanding, preventing and treating mental illness. They have a range of resources specifically for managing stress, anxiety and wellbeing related to coronavirus.
- Headspace: a national youth mental health foundation with resources and support specific to coronavirus.
- ReachOut: Australia’s leading online mental health organisation for young people and their parents.
- Beyond Blue: Mental health organisation with a Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service.
- Lifeline: a national charity providing all Australians experiencing emotional distress with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
- Gidget Foundation: Supports the emotional wellbeing of expectant and new parents. Find information and support for postnatal depression and anxiety
Local Counselling Services
- See your GP to discuss a Mental Health Care Plan
- Coronavirus and your anxiety
- Coronavirus and child’s anxiety
- Hopefield at Kirrawee
- Motivating Minds Psychological Practice
- Headspace at Miranda
Official Health Information and Government Agencies
- NSW Health Coronavirus information
- Commonwealth Department of Health
- Domestic Violence Help Line
- Coronavirus and Domestic Violence (video from Anglicare)
- Salvation Army (02 9543 0487: ask to speak to Bernadette)
- Anglicare Financial Counselling: Call 8624 8600 or 1300 111 278
- Coronavirus and Financial Hardship (video)
- Coronavirus and Living on a Low Income (video)
Emergency Food Relief
- Anglicare Food Assistance: Call 02 8624 8600