Visiting Menai Anglican Church
In-person church services are happening at Menai Anglican and we’d love to welcome you to one of our weekend services. Here’s some things you need to know:
In-person Church Services
Everyone is welcome to come along to our weekend church services, and there’s no need to pre-register. It’s a good idea to arrive a little early so we have time to sign everyone in and get seated. Please note that face masks are no longer mandatory at indoor church services, but encourage and respect those who continue to wear masks. Read more about our COVID safety measures.
The SNC (Sat 6pm), Sunday 8am and Sunday 10am services are live-streamed via our website, Facebook and YouTube. Services are also available to watch later via YouTube.
KidSpace and Comets
Our Sunday morning children’s program is on at the church building and welcomes all children from 1 year old – Year 8. Drop off is from 9:45-10am; arrive with time to drop your children off and make your way into the church for a 10am start.
Our youth program is running at the church building on Friday nights.
COVID Safe Information
The safety of all visitors to our church building is our highest priority. Below is some useful information about our COVID safety measures:
- People in vulnerable groups: The government has advised that people who are 70 years of age and older, or who have a compromised immune system or chronic medical condition are more vulnerable to serious infection from COVID-19. If you’re in one of these groups, we’d recommend that you consider not attending church in person and continue to join us online. We’re so looking forward to seeing you when it’s safer to return!
- Masks: Please note that face masks are no longer mandatory at indoor church services, but encourage and respect those who continue to wear masks. Government advice is that children under 12 years don’t need to wear a mask.
- Upon arrival: Please use the main church entrance doors when you arrive. We’ll check your temperature at the door and ask you to sign in with your name and contact phone number. Collecting contact details is a government regulation and will only be used for contact tracing purposes if required.
- Inside the church: Remember to maintain a 1.5m distance from everyone not in your household. There will be hand sanitiser available to keep those hands clean, and we’d encourage you to avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily.
- Seating: Seats are set up at 1.5m apart. We want to make sure everyone seated downstairs feels the same, so please avoid moving the chairs. If you want to sit closer to members of your household, feel free to find a seat upstairs. While sitting upstairs, remember to keep at least one free seat between yourself and anyone not from your household.
- Singing: Singing is not currently allowed for congregation members, but we can still enjoy watching our talented music team sing.
- If you’ve got any cold/flu like symptoms, please stay at home and watch online. We’ll look forward to seeing you again when you’re symptom-free!
- Online services: For those who can’t join us at church, there will be online services live-streamed via our website, Facebook and YouTube.