We are back in person from October 30-31!
We meet every weekend with church services on Saturdays at 6pm, and Sundays at 8am, 10am and 6pm. Here’s some things to note in line with our COVID safety measures and public health orders:
- COVID-Safe check in upon arrival – arrive early so you’ve got time to check in
- Everyone is welcome regardless of vaccination status
- Masks are required while indoors
- Want some space? Seats will be set up at 1.5m apart in the main church. If you’d prefer to keep some extra distance at this time, there will be a reserved section available – call the office on 9541 0990 to let us know you’d like a seat there. Services will also be streamed to a screen in an outdoor seating area for those who’d prefer to sit outside.
- Watch the walkthrough video below:
What Happens at a Church Service?
Everyone is welcome at Menai Anglican, whether you grew up in church or are still thinking things through. If you’ve never been to church before, or it’s been a while, you might not know what to expect.
At a regular church service, we start by singing songs together, led by the band. You can sing if you like, or just listen in. We’ll read part of the Bible, and then one of the ministers will preach on that passage, looking at what it tells us about God and ourselves. We’ll also have someone lead us in prayer as we listen along and then the service usually ends with another song. All up services usually last about an hour. Afterwards we have tea/coffee and some food in the foyer or outside, which is a great time to meet people and catch up.
The Saturday 6pm and Sunday 10am services are live-streamed via our YouTube channel and Facebook page. These services are also available to watch later via these platforms.
KidSpace and Comets
Our Sunday morning children’s program will also return at the church building from October 31 and welcomes all children from 1 year old – Year 8. KidSpace leaders will be at the main church entrance doors from 9.50am to welcome the K-Year 8 kids into their program. Comets (1-5 year olds) can be dropped at the gate near the playground from 9.50am to help them settle and allow parents to join in the full church service.
Check out the Infinity Kids website for details about the other kids’ programs running throughout the week:
Our youth program is running on-site at church every Friday night during school term from 7-9pm for youth in Year 6-12. Find out more on the MAC Youth website:
COVID Safety Measures
The safety of all visitors to our church building is our highest priority. Menai Anglican Church has a COVID Safety Plan in place which is reviewed regularly as required.
Below is some key information about our COVID safety measures:
- COVID-Safe check in is required for everyone entering the church building.
- Vaccination: Everyone is welcome at church regardless of vaccination status, this is in line with current public health orders.
- Masks are currently required while indoors.
- Upon arrival: Please use the main church entrance doors when you arrive.
- For those who feel vulnerable: Reserved seating with extra spacing is available – please book in ahead of time with the church office.
- Outdoor seating: Indoor capacity limits will be in place when we return to in-person services. The Saturday 6pm and Sunday 10am church services will be streamed to a screen in an outdoor seating area available for overflow and anyone who would prefer to sit outside.
- If you have any cold/flu like symptoms, please stay at home and watch online. We’ll look forward to seeing you again when you’re symptom-free!
- Online services: For those who can’t join us at church, some of our services are live-streamed via Facebook and YouTube.
If you have any questions or concerns about visiting Menai Anglican Church, please get in touch.
It’s wonderful to be able to be together in person. Let’s remember to love one another and be unified in Christ.
“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”